What is the best baby car seat on the market?
Videos of children being thrown out the front window in a vehicle collision, car seats wobbling with clear safety problems and others that include toxic substances among their manufacturing materials.
Ensuring the safety of your baby means choosing the best cheap baby car seat that meets your expectations for safety, strength, durability and comfort. And that, in addition, it is compatible with your car and easy to install.
The decision is not easy because it requires knowledge and research time before the wide variety of technologies, quality seals, brands and models.
To help you with such an important and difficult purchase, we have got down to work and have analyzed the best cheap baby car seats on the market for 2021 and we present the results in the buying guide that follows, including a comparison.
Tips for choosing a good child car seat
Selecting the best car seat for your baby that meets your expectations in terms of comfort and safety and is also compatible with your vehicle is not an easy task. There are many technical characteristics to take into account and the most important ones that you should review to compare the different models on the market are the following:
- Anchorage system: depending on whether your vehicle has an ISOFIX system or not, you should opt for an ISOFIX seat or a seat without ISOFIX that is installed with the seat belt, the latter being more unsafe in the event of a frontal collision.
- Compatibility : check the list of vehicles compatible with the selected model because perhaps, due to installation or space issues, it is not suitable for your car.
- Safety : the essential thing about this material is that it can be installed in reverse up to 13 kg to comply with the regulations and, if you can afford it, choose a chair that has obtained the test plus seal.
- Newborn reducer : if you are going to use the chair from birth, it is essential that it is adapted for him. Look for models that include a newborn reducer.
- Design : apart from the visible face of the chair, which adapts to your tastes, it is important that it has a beautiful, modern, comfortable and ergonomic design.
- Removable upholstery : in this chair your baby will eat, drink and spit milk in the first months of life. Believe us when we tell you that the upholstery is going to have white spots every two by three. If it is removable and washable, the better, although you also have the option of placing a cover. In this case, check that there are compatible covers for your chair model.
- Adaptation to growth : there are chairs that can be used from birth to 12 years because they evolve with the baby’s growth.
- 360º swivel : makes it easier for the baby to get in and out of the car and also allows you to change the reverse position to the direction of travel in a single click, making swivel chairs a much more comfortable option.
- Weight and dimensions : if it is a chair that you are going to move from one car to another frequently, you should make sure that it is light enough to avoid leaving your back in each transfer. In addition, the lighter and more compact, the more comfortable to transport and install it will be.
How much money should I spend on my baby car seat?
Fortunately, there are car seats of very varied prices. The vast majority of brands manufacture low, medium and high-end chairs, the latter being the safest because they incorporate the latest technologies and quality seals that guarantee their performance. In general, the prices of the different ranges revolve around the following ranges:
- Cheap car seats (less than 100 euros): these are usually poor quality seats that are installed in the direction of travel and whose manufacturing materials are not resistant enough to guarantee maximum comfort and safety of the baby from birth.
- Mid-range chairs (between 100 and 250 euros) : in this range you can find models with very good value for money from major brands
- High-end chairs (more than 250 euros) : they are usually compatible for various weight and age groups, incorporate an ISOFIX base and the best cutting-edge technologies to guarantee the total safety of the baby in the event of an impact. The most expensive ones are usually installed in reverse with isofix and incorporate a support leg and Top Tether. They are made of resistant materials, guarantee maximum comfort and are compatible with most vehicles.
The 6 best baby car seats for their quality and price
1. Piku NI 20.6136
This car seat has been tested according to the european regulation ece r44 / 04 , which guarantees that the seat is able to withstand shocks from different angles, keeping the child safe. It is designed to support a minimum weight of 9 kilos and a maximum of 36 kilos , so it can be used by children aged between 36 months and 12 years.
In addition, this car seat comes with a safety belt with a 5-point harness , which guarantees its attachment to the car. Its assembly is very easy , and it is practical when storing in the trunk, because it does not take up much space . It comes with a padded backrest in the head and waist area, with wide anti-impact armrests, so that your child can travel comfortably, and it is fully removable and washable .
You can get this car seat on Amazon for less than € 100.
2. Kinderkraft Comfort UP
This baby car seat has been tested in accordance with the ecer44 / 04 regulation applicable in Europe, and has as its hallmark the superior quality of the seat belt system , developed by the Italian brand Sabelt , which manufactures belts in motorsport. Therefore, this car seat provides the highest level of safety for your child, while driving.
It supports a weight range between 9 and 36 kilos , so you can use it for a long time, specifically from 6 months of age. It comes with reinforced upholstery and padded finish in the lumbar area , to provide protection and comfort to the child. It also comes with an adjustable headrest , to support you while you sleep, especially in the early stages of growth.
It comes in several colors , ideal for boys and girls, and the best thing is its price that does not exceed 100 euros. Look it up on Amazon, and you’ll be surprised how cheap this car seat is.
3. Piku Moon
Tested on the basis of the ece r44 / 04 regulations, this baby car seat stands out because it is reclining , which allows the child to be placed in different positions so that they can rest. It can support a weight between 9 and 36 kilos, making it ideal for use in children from 9 months to 12 years.
This baby car seat is very practical to use , since it has a device on the top that allows you to adjust the safety harness without having to disassemble the seat. In addition, its lining is reversible , so you will have two models in one. It has a padded finish in the head and waist area , to provide, in addition to safety, greater comfort to the child.
It comes in two colors and is fully washable. You can buy it on Amazon for less than 100 euros.
4. Cybex Solution X2-Fix
If you are looking for a car seat that is recognized for its safety system, you should choose this product. Cybex car seats have obtained the best scores in European safety tests , thanks to their innovative safety system with IsoFix connectors , which offer the greatest stability and safety you can find.
In addition, the headrest of this seat is reclining in 3 positions to ensure that the baby’s head does not tilt forward while sleeping. And it has side pads that absorb the impact , giving greater protection to your baby. The lining is easily removable and can be machine washed to keep the seat clean at all times.
Take a look on Amazon, and you will be amazed at how affordable this infant car seat is.
5. Foppapedretti Isodinamik
This car seat, approved by the European safety standards ecer44 / 04, stands out because it allows 4 reclining positions , to provide greater comfort to your child. In addition to having the universal IsoFix system that guarantees a perfect anchoring to your car, to give it stability.
This baby car seat has an adjustable headrest at various heights , and a side impact protection system , so that your baby is comfortable and totally safe. It supports weight in a range of 9 to 36 kilos , so it can be used from 9 months to 12 years.
Its leatherette fabric is removable and washable , and it comes in various colors for all tastes. We recommend that you buy it on Amazon, where you can get it with the best offers.
6. Cybex Pallas M-Fix
With the backrest of the Cybex brand, this baby car seat is one of the best, thanks to its one-hand adjustable safety cushion that will allow you to use it for a period of up to 11 years, as it adapts perfectly to the growth of your baby. It also features a patented reclining headrest , which prevents the child’s head from tilting forward while sleeping.
This car seat can be reclined with one hand and also incorporates the IsoFix anchoring system , for greater security and stability. It has a linear protection system for bilateral impacts , designed to protect your baby in the first stages of growth.
It is made of very soft and comfortable materials. You get it on Amazon at a great price.
Buying guide: Which child car seat to buy?
Now that we know which are the best child restraint devices on the market, it does not hurt to expand information on their technical characteristics, how they work, the types that exist, and delve into other details to buy the best child seat for your baby.
We do it in the buying guide with tips that follows:
What is a baby car seat?
It is an approved device that must be used until the child is 135 cm tall and is installed in the car in order to ensure maximum safety for children in the event of an accident.
It can be installed against the march or in favor of the march and, depending on which one you choose, it will have some technologies or others.
How to use a baby car seat?
Generally, car seats are a safe ally for every parent when traveling with their baby; Well, thanks to this accessory, the child can be given complete comfort and safety.
To use it for the first time follow these steps:
- Read the manufacturer’s instructions manual: the installation of each chair model is different and that is why it is especially important to consult the manufacturer’s installation instructions to ensure that you do it correctly and that your baby will travel with maximum safety.
- Place the newborn reducer: it is an element used for the first months of the baby that protects it so that it does not move with the vibrations of driving, placing special emphasis on supporting the child’s head. Fixing this piece is quite easy, being necessary that you place it on the chair and secure it at the appropriate points with the 5-point harness that the chair includes.
- Assemble the seat: if your vehicle has ISOFIX and you have bought a seat with ISOFIX, you will only have to insert the anchors into the isofix anchors of your vehicle, making sure that it is correctly fixed. Some chairs have an indicator light that verifies correct installation. In addition, you must configure the support leg and the Top Tether if it is included. If your car does not have isofix, the maxi-cosi or seat will be installed with the seat belt, surrounding the seat by the supports designed to pass the belt. Remember that until your child weighs 13 kg they must travel against the march.
- Regulate the chair : this type of chair offers certain adjustment points such as the height of the headrest and the recline of the backrest , so it is necessary that you know the respective buttons included in the structure to fulfill these functions. This way you can press them and at the same time adjust it to the desired position until your baby’s posture is correct.
- Adjust the safety harness: To make the adjustment of this item, you will need to seat the baby in the chair. Then, carefully slide the belt over the child’s chest, crotch, waist, or shoulders. Remember that this may vary depending on the model chosen. Finally, hook each of the prepared closure systems between the harness and the frame.
Types of car seats by weight and age
When buying a baby seat for the car, you should know that there is a classification by weight and age that is used by manufacturers to direct their products to a certain category of consumers and that it corresponds to the European ECE R44 / 04 approval. . Here we present it to you to serve as a guide when buying.
- Group 0 chairs: they are for babies with a weight between 0 and 10 kilos , so they almost always adapt to ages between 9 and 18 months of age. In most cases, they have a removable pod-type seat to more easily transport newborns. They are installed against the march on a mandatory basis.
- Group I chairs: they are for children between 9 and 18 kilos of weight whose ages range between 1 and 3 years. They must have their own safety belt (harness) so that the child can travel seated. They can be counter-march or in favor of the march.
- Group II chairs: they are for use by children weighing between 15 and 25 kilos , aged between 3 and 7 years. And they should bring padded seats to provide better support. They settle in favor of the march.
- Group III chairs: for children weighing 22 to 36 kilos who are generally older than 7 years. They are a kind of booster cushion that is placed on top of the rear seat and is used together with the car belt.
Best brands of baby car seats
There are many manufacturers of this product on the market, both of Spanish and foreign origin. Some of the best are as follows:
- Star Ibaby – this brand manufactures all kinds of child care products that stand out for their quality, hence it is a good option with great value for money. Its City Fix HQ, the BQ-06 or the Star iBaby 906 stand out.
- Piku – its products are recognized for their practicality and the safety they offer, but above all for their low price.
- Cybex – in its catalog you will find other products such as baby carriers and strollers. Its chairs stand out for their quality of manufacture, resistance and safety, especially those of the Sirona, Pallas and Solution ranges.
Where to buy a child car seat?
There are many online stores where you can buy a quality product at a good price and we highlight the best below:
- Amazon: Being one of the best online stores known for its security and speed, it is the best to be the first purchase option. Not only does it have the best deals and promotions on these products, but it also offers the largest number of brands and models available.
- Carrefour: Its repertoire is not the best nor does it have a great variety of products of this type, but you can take advantage of some brands and offers in case you do not find a specific equipment. They tend to sell low-mid range chairs, so if you want quality it is not the best store to buy this product.
- El Corte Inglés: it is another of the best stores to buy this product, although they do not work with as many brands as Amazon. It offers a very wide catalog with different models, although they usually have little stock in a physical store and you have to wait even weeks to receive it at home. Their prices are higher than in other stores.
- Bebitus : is an online store specializing in childcare products that has a fairly extensive catalog in terms of car seats. Of course, the prices are higher than on Amazon and they work with fewer brands than the Giant.
Frequently asked questions about car seats
We solve some of the common doubts that parents have when buying their first child car seat:
Where to locate the car child seat?
The safest place to place the infant car seat is in the center rear seat , as this is away from all impact zones.
However, several models of vehicles or seats do not allow this option, therefore you must choose between the sides.
Therefore, the best option is the right seat, since there the exposure on the two-way roads is less, so you can get on and off the child being further away from traffic.
Until when should children use car seats?
This will depend on the laws of each country. Although, generally the use of this chair was mandatory until 12 years of age. However, the new laws establish that the limits are attributed by the height of the child and not his age.
Some countries have embraced this modality, determining that the use of this chair is mandatory for all infants measuring 1.35 meters or less.
Why choose a chair against the march?
Numerous tests and safety tests have shown that the chairs installed against the march are safer against frontal and lateral impacts. They offer greater protection for the baby’s head, as well as its neck and spine, all of which are poorly developed in the first years of life.
Also, by law, all children must ride in this position until 15 months of age.
Do I need a base to install the device in the car?
Most child car seats with isofix installation require a base for installation. This must be compatible with the chair model and can be already included in the chair or the same manufacturer offers it separately.
The seat fits into the base and the base is hooked to the isofix anchor of the vehicle for its correct fixation.
What is ISOFIX?
It is a more secure anchoring system than the traditional seat belt installation. Basically, these are two connectors installed in your back seat through metal bars fixed to the rear structural frame and that will help you anchor your chair in a simple click.
many people face challenges while choosing the Best Cheap Baby Car Seats from it. So, if you’re one of them we’re going to help you to choose the Best Cheap Baby Car Seats from amazon. As we’ve seen people get confused while choosing Best Cheap Baby Car Seats because Amazon has a large variety of Best Cheap Baby Car Seats. People have different questions while choosing Best Cheap Baby Car Seats. But don’t worry! We are here to help you.