Depilating with a razor every 3 days or paying and suffering the pulls of the wax are no longer hair removal options chosen by most women.
If you are looking for a better solution, you should consider purchasing an best cheap electric epilators. With it, the hair comes out of the roots quickly and without pain . And goodbye to waxing for 3 weeks!
But be careful, not all best cheap electric epilators are the same and new models and technologies come out every year. You should look for quality, durability and comfort, and we have already done that when selecting the best cheap electric epilators. If you want to learn how to choose yours, keep reading!
Tips for choosing the best electric hair remover
Okay, you are determined to buy your next epilator, but you have no idea what features are important when selecting one or the other model . Don’t worry, in addition to recommending the best epilators on the market, we want to help you in your purchase decision.
Let’s start at the beginning, as they say. Some of the most important features to look for in your next hair removal accessory are these:
- Use under water: Until now, it was normal to wax dry. However, the convenience of epilating in the shower is a novelty and the best epilators incorporate it. Therefore, they are water resistant and can be placed under the tap for more intense and faster cleaning.
- Number of tweezers: At the heart of every good epilator are tweezers: those in charge of extracting all the hair from the area you are going to epilate. The more tweezers, the faster the plucking will be. Keep in mind that low-end epilators have around 20 tweezers, while the most expensive ones can incorporate up to 72 tweezers . More than triple!
- Autonomy: This will make it more portable so you don’t have to wax “stuck” to your bathroom plug. This is very important, especially when you travel. This way you can epilate wherever you want , as long as your epilator has enough battery.
- Head type: You will need a wide head for large areas such as the legs, and smaller pivoting heads for areas with difficult access, such as armpits or groin.
- Accessories: The more the merrier. If you have to choose between one model and another, it may be a feature that allows you to decide.
- Speeds: Higher speed, faster hair removal.
- Ergonomics: The design is essential for your comfort because, although epilation with the epilator is very fast, it can take a few minutes. The more ergonomic and adaptable to the hand, the better.
- Light: It seems silly, but it allows you to see hair that under normal conditions you cannot visualize correctly.
How much money should I spend on my epilator?
There are very different price models, but we can say that the most expensive tend to be more powerful, more functional and more durable:
- Cheap electric epilators (less than € 100): you can find cheap epilators from 25 euros with good value for money
- Good Quality Electric Epilators (Over $ 100): The most popular brands with better features are above this price and it really shows in their performance and lifespan. Therefore, they are the ones we recommend if you want a comfortable and long-lasting professional hair removal. How much do you want to invest? Take a look at our multi-priced recommendations below:
What epilator to buy?
1. Braun Silk-épil 9 9-561 – Versatile and effective shaving
In the search for the best epilating machine, I came across this Braun Silk-épil 9 9-561 , which has been a very interesting model for me due to its features.
The first one is that it can be used both wet and dry . This is a great advantage since I prefer to do my body shaving in the shower and, thanks to its waterproof quality, I can do it calmly.
This feminine features epilator pivoting head . This means that the epilation head conforms to the contours of the skin and body. This way it will comfortably pass through your curves and angles, achieving an effective and gentle shaving.
Its special light is of great power and helps no hair escape from your sight and, therefore, your waxing. The results will not only be visible, but palpable. This is not just because of its light, but because of a combination of qualities. The main one, perhaps, its tweezers technology , which extracts even the shortest hair and does it from birth.
It includes six accessories that give it versatility and increase the possibilities of use of this model. Read more…
This model stands out among depilatory machines for its battery, wet and dry operation, special light and tweezers technology, but also for its pivoting head. It is an extremely interesting option.
2. Braun Silk-épil 9 9-538 – Body and face without hair or pain
We continue to review electric shaving machines. It’s the turn of the Braun Silk-épil 9 9-538 an epilator that works both wet and dry and equipped to work on your entire body.
Its epilation head is wider than that of other models of epilation machines. This will help you to pass fewer strokes, less irritation and maximum softness, while the mini epilator that it includes will help, due to its size, to detail delicate areas, especially the face.
Other hair removal methods, such as wax, usually leave the skin soft, but also some hairs. Especially those very small because they cannot catch them. In this case, thanks to tweezers technology , the model reviewed here removes every hair. He does it precisely and there is no hair that escapes him, no matter how small.
Its three interchangeable heads – high frequency, facial and maximum contact – give it versatility because they allow you to adjust the hair removal to each need, depending on the area, sensitivity and type of skin that will be worked on. Read more…
Legs, armpits, arms, belly and even face and bikini area will be free of hair thanks to the versatility and interchangeable heads of this epilator, which uses tweezers technology and provides excellent results.
3. Braun Silk-épil 9 SkinSpa 9-969e – Removal, cleaning and exfoliated
I found the Braun Silk-épil 9 SkinSpa 9-969e while researching and searching for the best shaving machine. What I have found is a machine that, in addition to an excellent epilator, works as an exfoliator and facial cleanser.
Among the common recommendations for a good hair removal, the one that indicates that the skin should be exfoliated before any type of hair removal in order to avoid encystment and hairs and other inconveniences. Well, with this machine and its two exfoliating brushes you can carry out this task.
For its part, the facial cleansing brush that it includes stands out from the brushes of its type since, being automatic, it leaves behind and is six times more efficient than the manual ones.
Already focused on the epilator as such, its hair removal head is oscillating, wide, has special light and active pulsation vibrations . The machine can be used wet or dry and works wirelessly. All the qualities of a Braun. Read more…
If you want the complete package for hair removal and skin care, take this model. Its wide oscillating head with vibrations and special light will achieve an excellent hair removal, while its exfoliating brushes will take care of your skin and prevent inconveniences.
4. Braun Silk-épil 7 7-561 – Your travel and beauty companion
Now let’s talk about the Braun Silk-épil 7 7-561, which has 40 tweezers to remove even the shortest hair on your body, even those that other hair removal methods, such as wax, cannot remove.
It is wireless and you can use it without problems dry or in the shower, bath or wherever you prefer to wax. It is completely compatible with water and that does not diminish its effectiveness.
It has s eis accessories , each for specific situations. This gives you both precision and versatility, since you can adjust the machine to the demands of the moment, depending on the area and type of skin you are going to work on. The accessories are five heads – shaving, high frequency massage, for sensitive areas, facial and positioning – and a trimmer. It also includes a useful travel case and comes in a cute metal box. Read more…
Its five heads will adjust it to any situation and its forty tweezers guarantee that not a single hair escapes. You can transport all this in its beautiful and comfortable travel case. This model is a very attractive option.
5. Braun Silk-épil 7 7561 – Massage and hair removal
The list ends with the Braun Silk-épil 7 7-561 , a cordless, wet or dry functional model with many of the best Braun features and good value for money.
Its high-frequency massage system makes the waxing experience more pleasant and comfortable.
And I know that kindness and comfort are always welcome. This mechanism massages your skin and thereby stimulates it, generating pleasant sensations.
It has five interchangeable heads : shaving, high frequency massage, for sensitive areas, facial and positioning. Also includes a handy trimming comb .
The main head is pivoting , which means that it oscillates according to the contour of your skin, thus providing greater comfort while promoting a more precise shaving. Read more…
Accompany efficient hair removal with a comfortable massage for your skin thanks to this wireless machine with five interchangeable heads that is suitable for both dry hair removal or in the shower. It is a recommended epilator.
Buying guide: Which electric epilator to buy?
If you want to delve into the world of electric hair removal and learn everything about these portable devices specially designed for women, we recommend that you read our buying guide to the end.
What are electric epilators?
They are an electrical device specially created and designed to remove hair from the roots. The operating system used by these small machines is very different from that of razors, since, instead of blades, they have a rotating head with multiple tweezers that extracts the hairs by pulling them out by the roots.
Benefits of epilating with electric hair removers
Epilation with an electric device is effective and safe for the skin, but epilating with electric epilators has many other benefits:
- Simple and safe use: turn on, go through the area and turn off. Easier, impossible.
- Suitable for almost all areas of the body: they are suitable even for the face, using the appropriate head.
- It does not irritate the skin: although this method can be a bit painful at first, when you are not used to it, it does not irritate the skin or produce marks.
- They are multifunctional: some include a massager and exfoliating head for the skin.
- They are portable: its small size allows you to carry it in your bag.
- Savings: I just visit the esthetician every 2 weeks.
And best of all: they are suitable for all women. That is why they have become the favorite hair removal method for the vast majority of them.
Factors to consider for the purchase
We already gave you the most important tips at the beginning of this guide to buy the best epilator adapted to you, but you can also take into account another series of factors before deciding on one or another model:
1. Price of the machine
Be wary of bargains. This is the first statement that you should be clear when choosing it because you will find epilators of many prices. To differentiate, it is essential to consult the opinions and evaluations of buyers.
Be suspicious of little-known brands in Spain and those machines that have no opinion or assessment of buyers.
Keep in mind that these devices are going to be used directly on your skin and that a poor choice, in addition to being harmful to your health, can mean a double outlay , so it is worth stopping to analyze and buy the best epilator, even if it is more expensive.
2. Number of heads
The best electric epilators include a wide variety of heads designed for specific areas: armpits, groin, legs, face … how many more heads, more epilation options. If the epilator also includes massager heads and exfoliating heads, all the better.
3. Precision of hair removal
The greater the number of tweezers, the faster the hair removal process, and better results.
4. Brand and spare parts
It is normal that some parts of your epilator wear out with use and even suffer some kind of breakage. When this happens, it is not necessary to buy a new epilator, as long as you have chosen a popular brand and model that has spare parts available. So you can easily replace parts without making a large investment.
It is essential that the machine is easily removable. In addition, it is recommended that the parts can be washed directly under the tap, that is, that the epilator is waterproof.
If this is not possible, it can be cleaned with a damp cloth, but the first option is much more comfortable and hygienic, so it is a relevant factor when buying your next electric epilator.
Types of electric epilator machines
In the market, there are a wide variety of depilatory machines and apparently all of them look as if they were the same, but if you investigate a little more, it will be possible to detail that they are not the same, since each one has different characteristics and functions:
- Electric epilators with a cutting head: these are those that are used as shavers: they cut the hair but do not pull it out.
- Epilators with light: they are those that help to have a better visibility of the smallest hairs through a lighting system included in the head part.
- Epilators with water resistance: if they include a cable, they should never be used in water because they could cause a short circuit that could endanger the life of the user. Those that are waterproof, if they can be used during the shower or bath, as well as disassembled and washed under the tap.
- Corded epilators – cordless with rechargeable batteries: those with a cable need a plug to work and although it takes a bit of freedom from movement while in use, they turn out to be much more powerful, so epilation can be done in less time than with cordless ones, which run on rechargeable batteries. The advantage of these seconds is precisely their small size and their versatility to use anywhere.
- Electric facial epilators: These devices are small and light in design, do not consume as much energy as others and do not emit as much noise. They are designed to remove the tiniest hair from around the lips, chin, forehead, and eyebrows.
How to clean an electric epilator machine?
With each use, the machine could be dirty and with traces of hair stored, this could cause that the next time it is used, it may present failures or simply, its operation is not so efficient, for this, cleaning must be carried out, after each use and the following materials will be needed:
- Disassemble the epilator.
- Rub every part of the machine that has come apart with the dry toothbrush.
- Clean each part with a swab dipped in alcohol.
- Let dry.
Best brands of electric epilators
The importance of acquiring trusted brands is multiplied when we talk about devices that can damage our skin. In the case of electric epilators, it is obviously important to look at their characteristics and benefits, but also to find out if they are going to cause us significant pain or irritation, or if there are any complaints from a buyer.
The guarantee of a good brand allows us to minimize these risks, since they carry out many more tests before launching them on the market. There are many companies that offer devices of this type, but the best we can say are the following:
- Braun Electric Hair Removal Machines: Founded in Germany in 1921, its range of products for body care offers high quality and the most advanced technologies. In the case of electric epilators, the Silk-epil line is the most popular among users. It has several models available from which you will have to choose which is the best for you. We have selected some in our comparison.
- Philips electric hair removal machines: This brand was born in Holland in 1881 and, surprisingly, in its beginnings it stood out for its lighting products. Subsequently, it gained more popularity with image and sound devices and now its range of personal care devices has become a big seller. In electric hair removal, it offers lines such as Satinelle , one of the best valued by buyers.
- Rowenta Electric Hair Removal Machines : Their electric hair removal machines are designed with special attention to skin care. In fact, their team has the help of specialist doctors who review each new functionality and guarantee its safe use. Apart from the electric ones, they also have models that use pulsed light, also highly recommended.
Where to buy the best electric epilator?
Online shopping processes have evolved and you can now buy almost anything online. In the case of epilators, we recommend:
- Buy electric epilator machines on Amazon: they have a lot of variety and the best prices. The best epilators of the big brands are sold on Amazon and with Prime you will receive it at your home in just 24 hours.
- Buy electric epilators at Carrefour: it offers a varied range of the most recognized brands and has offers and discounts.
- Buy electric hair removers in El Corte Inglés: it has in its online catalog of popular brands with special discounts, although it is usually more expensive.
There are other stores like Alcampo or Mediamarkt, but with less variety.
Electric female depilatory machines: Frequently asked questions
Unlike other methods to remove unwanted hair, epilators that work with electricity pull each hair from the roots without risking your health, without irritation and without pain.
Each hair removal method has its pros and cons, but depilatory machines are becoming more and more advanced and effective. New technologies and models appear every year, so choosing is not an easy task.
Now you have the basic notions to buy the best one for you and you already know which are the best on the market.
We hope we have helped you and, in case you are interested, we have also prepared a buying guide with a comparison of male razors , in case you want to give something to your boy, brother or father.
If you still have questions, take a look at the user FAQs we’ve answered below.
Is electric hair removal the best depilatory method?
Today, laser hair removal is the best method to remove hair from the roots and permanently. The problem is that it requires commitment, time and a high budget that not all women can afford, as well as some other disadvantage that is not relevant.
With an electric epilator it is also possible to remove hair from the root and for a long time (about 3 weeks, depending on each woman). Considering that it is more hygienic than wax, as well as less painful, it is definitely one of the best hair removal methods to do in your own home.
It is painful?
Waxing is not like taking a walk in the park. Obviously, removing the hairs is painful, but each person has their pain threshold in different limits. For many women it can be unbearable the first few times and for others it is only a slight discomfort.
Be that as it may, it is a pain that can be felt the first times you shave and that disappears with time of use.
If this is the first time that you are going to use an electric epilator, we recommend using the minimum speed and even applying an ointment with lidocaine before epilation.
How to use an electric epilator without it hurting?
These electrical devices are responsible for pulling the hair by the roots, therefore, it will hurt a bit and everything will depend on the area specifically, since some are more sensitive than others, for this reason you must have knowledge of certain tricks that are essential to avoid feeling pain as much as possible:
- Prepare the skin: for this you should use hot water and moisturizers.
- Hold the skin firmly: while the hair removal is being done, it is necessary to take the area where the device will be passed and stretch it as much as possible very firmly so that the pain is reduced.
- Use the right head: as each one is made for a certain area, the correct one must be used, this way it will hurt less.
- Employ accessories: some additional accessories may help reduce pain.
- Patience: as the razor is used, the pain will decrease, as the skin will become anesthetized.
What do I have to do before using it?
It is advisable to exfoliate the skin before starting to wax. Thus, you will remove dead cells and dirt that may be attached to the skin. You can use a brush, towel or even the exfoliating head that some epilators include.
After exfoliating, get in the shower and apply hot water to the area to be waxed. Thus, you will weaken the hair follicles. And now you are ready to use your epilator!
How long do the effects of epilation last with an electric hair remover?
As hairs are not cut, but uprooted, they take a little longer to grow. Usually the smoothness of the skin remains for 3-4 weeks. Likewise, it will influence the thickness of the hair and even the color or type of skin.
How to prevent ingrown hairs after epilation with an electric epilator?
After electric waxing, some hairs may become ingrown or encyst and measures must be taken to prevent this from happening. The only way to avoid it is with an exfoliation, which can be done in two ways:
- The first is to do it daily and before each waxing, using an exfoliating glove or a scrubber.
- The second option is to use a special product that contains alpha hydroxy acids or salicylic acid , this may be better for hairs that have been ingrown for a long time.
Conclusion about electric epilator machines
Having a high-end best cheap electric epilators will definitely guarantee optimal results, long-lasting epilation and a saving of time worth mentioning. In addition, choosing well, you can use it to wax almost any area of the body in the shortest possible time and thanks to its portability you can use it anywhere and carry it in your suitcase wherever you go. Are you going to continue to suffer with traditional hair removal methods?