What is the best epilator machine on the market?
There is a hair removal method for every woman. If you want the instant smoothness of razor shaving and the long – lasting results of wax without paying a beautician, and without ending up with sticky legs, then buying an epilator for women is the solution you are looking for.
In addition, you can epilate whenever and wherever you want, even in the shower, thanks to the fact that some of these best cheap epilators are wireless and waterproof .
Which one to choose from the wide variety of the market? In our buying guide you will find the best cheap epilators for women and tips to choose yours.
Tips for choosing a good epilator
When buying one of these machines and stop hating that moment when you have to shave any of your body areas, you have to take into account several things:
- Technology. What type of epilator are you going to buy? It can be electric, laser, pulsed light, and even wax. It is the first thing you should be clear about. Below we will talk about each type and its advantages and disadvantages.
- Pay attention to the features. Number of heads, machine size, massage pad, speeds, wireless function, ergonomics of the handle, washable head, light and level of precision are perhaps the most important. Think carefully about what characteristics your epilator should have to adapt to your skin, your hair and your epilations so that they are as comfortable and easy as possible.
- Waterproof. Do you like to wax in the shower? Then look for an epilator model that is waterproof. Currently there are many, so you will not have a problem.
- Long live the accessories. Covers, tweezers, exfoliation heads, body brushes. The more accessories the better!
We explain all this in detail in the buying guide that follows.
How much money should I spend on an epilator?
There is the perfect epilator for every woman.
This is so, but it is also true that choosing the best is not an easy task and, many times, opting for the cheapest product we end up making two purchases.
You know, cheap is expensive. Or so they say. Well, what is the minimum investment you should make to buy an epilator with good value for money that meets your needs?
- Cheapest epilators (less than € 80): They are a good option for women with little hair and there are popular brands, and also less known. Here the key will be to know what technical characteristics are important and to read opinions of other buyers. If you continue reading our buying guide, you will probably find a cheap epilator with good quality.
- Better quality epilators (more than € 80): More configuration options, various speeds, more accessories, better features and longer life.
Clearly, the best epilators require a budget of more than 80 euros, but when you try it, you will feel that it has been worth it. Some even include heads to take advantage of shaving and exfoliating the skin at the same time. 2×1!
That said, here are what we consider the best epilators for women today:
The best epilators on the market
1. Braun Silk-épil 9 9-561 – Versatile and complete
The Braun Silk-épil 9 9-561 feminine epilator has a series of characteristics that make it stand out above the rest of its competitors and only those that accompany it in this list compete to be the best epilator machine.
Its epilation head is 40% wider than previous versions, allowing it to cover more and extract more hairs than before. This implies that fewer passes will be required and therefore the irritation will be much less.
This characteristic gives such good results when combined with the clamping technology that distinguishes this brand. Not even the shortest hair can resist this innovation.
It is more and more frequent that depilatory machines can be used dry but also wet , as is the case with this model, which also works autonomously thanks to a rechargeable battery.
This Braun – perhaps the best hair removal machine – uses active pulsation vibrations to reduce the discomfort caused by hair removal. And it has a pivoting head that moves and adjusts according to the shapes of your body, which provides greater security and dynamics when shaving.
Includes shaving head, high frequency massage, maximum contact, facial, positioning head, as well as a trimmer comb and charging stand.
Its multiple heads and accessories make it very versatile, while its technology makes it effective and kind to your skin. The pivoting head, the tweezers technology and its active vibrations will help keep your skin free of irritation or hair. It is an excellent one that stands out among the electric shaving machines
2. Braun Silk-épil 9 SkinSpa 9-969e – 4 in 1 epilator
Let’s talk about another model of the same brand: Braun Silk-épil 9 SkinSpa 9-969e , which has great versatility because due to its six accessories can make c UAT ro various functions .
It includes two c ooth body scrubs , face cleansing brush, epilation head, protective cover and storage bag. To vary between its functions, you just have to change the head: the epilation head, two for exfoliation and one for facial cleansing.
However, its primary function continues to be hair removal. Its epilation head is pivoting – it adjusts to the contour of the face – and quite wide. It also has special lighting so that it does not escape from sight, or waxing, not a single hair. The latter is also possible thanks to its tweezers technology , which are longer, wider and more effective, eliminating short hairs that wax does not remove.
Exfoliating brushes are an excellent complement to waxing, as they fight and prevent ingrown hair. While the head to clean the face helps your skin is free of blemishes. It works with a battery that provides up to 40 minutes of autonomy and can be used both wet and dry .
It is an epilator, exfoliator and also cleanser. So is this model with interchangeable heads that works both wet and dry. The epilation function uses tweezers technology, pivoting head and lighting, to provide first-rate results. It is a recommended and complete machine.
3. Remington i-Light Essential IPL6250 – pulsed light and soft skin
Pulsed light hair removal at home is becoming more and more common and the Remington IPL6250 i-Light Essential is a good option for this. If you are wondering which is the best pulsed light epilator, I would dare to suggest that this may be. Now I explain my reasons.
This pulsed light hair removal machine has five intensity levels for you to adjust according to your taste. Thanks to its three-centimeter square screen and single and multiple shooting mode, sessions will be shorter.
It is worth mentioning that before each session you must shave the hairs. Also that this technology is not suitable for all people.
As it works with melanin – a substance that gives color to hair and skin – on very light hair or very dark skin, it will not work. To determine if your skin is suitable, use its skin tone sensor .
The results will be permanent after three sessions. You can use it on your body and on your face — from the nose down.
This pulsed light hair removal machine is a great option if you are determined to get rid of your hair permanently. Its five intensity levels, single or multiple shot modes, and a three-centimeter screen make it an excellent shaving option.
4. Philips Lumea Advanced SC1999 / 00 – The best – selling epilator IPL
Speaking of comparative pulsed light epilators one model against another, now it is the turn of the Philips Lumea Advanced SC1999 / 00 one, which offers the possibility of having ipl hair removal at home.
Before continuing, it is worth mentioning that ipl comes from the English Intensed Pulsed Light (intense pulsed light) and this technology was first used exclusively in beauty salons and later began to reach homes with models like this Philips, of which now I’ll take care
After four sessions with this model, your hair will be reduced by 75%. These results are outstanding within the range of commercial ipl epilators.
The four-centimeter-square screen on this epilator will help make sessions shorter.
Pulsed light hair removal is valid for legs, armpits, English and even some areas of the face. For this last option, it has a precision accessory that provides greater security. It also includes a special accessory for the bikini area.
With its downloadable application, Philips Lumea catches up to date and guides you through the process, pointing you the way forward through a treatment designed according to your needs.
With outstanding results from the fourth session, this photoepilator is a good alternative. Its face and bikini area accessories make it stand out from other ipl epilators, while the Philips Lumea app is extremely useful. These are the qualities that led her to be number one in sales.
5. Braun Silk-expert IPL BD 5009 – Waxing and peeling in the same package
Continuing with the ipl epilators, now it is the turn of the Braun Silk-expert IPL BD 5009 which is, among other things, extremely durable: it offers 300 thousand flashes , which translates into at least 15 years of body treatments and even more if Only wax certain areas.
Its technology permanently removes visible hair quickly and safely. Your skin tone sensor will help protect your skin by varying the intensity of light according to what it detects.
It will adjust its power so that it is appropriate to the tone of your skin.
As this epilator is valid for both the body and the face, it is noteworthy that its design takes safety into account and there is no risk of using it on the face. So much so, that it can be used without protective glasses without endangering your eyes.
Finally, its ideal accompaniment, a sonic body scrub brush , which will be the ideal complement to make your skin even softer and smoother.
With long service life, as well as safe and practical to use. This model is a great reason to join the trend of hair removal at home. It also includes an exfoliating brush that is the ideal complement for smooth skin.
6. Philips HP6574 / 10 – The dynamic hair removal duo
I end the listing with the Philips HP6574 / 10 model , which is a pack of two highly efficient tweezers.
One of the machines is an average size, for most waxing, and the other is a smaller detailing machine, for areas that require a finer work or for when you go on a trip, you take it with you without taking up much space. The epilator uses a cable and the mini epilator is cordless and battery operated.
Both have a head that is wide enough to reduce the number of passes. Both also use ceramic tweezers that have no mercy on any hair, regardless of whether it is the finest of all.
The latter is also possible in part due to its hair-lifting system , which forces the most reluctant hairs to stand up. And once lifted, the clamps do the rest of the work.
It also has lighting, so that no hair escapes , and a skin tightening system that contributes to an even hair removal. The epilation head is washable, so you can easily get it ready for the next time. While it has a vibrating function to give a little massage and be more gentle with the depilated skin area.
Where one does not work well, the other will come. That is the main advantage of this pair of epilators that they are efficient separately and together they are extremely complete and competitive. Its ceramic tweezers and hair lifting system are a guarantee of optimal epilation.
Buying guide: which hair removal machine to buy?
It is important to choose a good shaving machine to achieve excellent results quickly and without pain.
Each skin and each woman is different, so let’s see how they work, which brands are most popular and what factors to take into account so that you can choose the best epilator for you.
What is an epilator machine?
It is a tool for hygiene and essential personal care today, both for men and women. These devices work perfectly to remove those excess hair from any area of the body, be it armpits, arms, legs, chest, back or groin. Even facial hairs!
In short, these machines can remove hair from any area quickly and less painfully than traditional hair removal methods such as Vera, and from the comfort of your home. That is not paid!
What is an epilator for?
Every hair removal machine aims to extract and remove hair from the roots of unwanted areas in an effective and gentle way, but above all quickly and without pain.
How does a shaving machine work?
They come in various types and each one works differently, unlike men’s razors . The shared goal is to remove hair but, for example, photo epilators use light to directly attack the hairline and prevent it from growing back.
On the other hand, electric epilators usually use tweezers that mechanically remove hair from its birth, pulling it and eliminating it by the roots. Both are recommended for long-lasting hair removal.
How to use it?
As you already know, there are many types of hair removal for different areas of the body. If you want to remove your hair completely with electric epilators, the most effective technique that will allow you to achieve a good result is the following:
- Exfoliate the skin: The first thing you should do before you start to wax, and the most recommended, is to exfoliate the skin as best as possible. If you can do it with gloves, in this way you will get the hairs to be cut easier and faster, although you can also do it with the exfoliation accessories that the hair removal machine includes.
- Take a hot bath: After exfoliating your body, your next step is to take a warm bath before you start waxing. This will open the pores completely and the process will be easier.
- Cut in the opposite direction: It is recommended to use the electric epilator in the opposite direction of hair growth, if possible try to stretch your skin with one hand while sliding the machine.
- Moisturize your skin: When you finish waxing, use and apply a cream or lotion to hydrate your skin and to “calm” after the depilatory process.
- Avoid the sun: Once you have shaved, avoid exposing your shaved skin to the sun, as your skin could suffer burns.
Tips to shave without problems
- Prepare your skin. It is always a good idea to exfoliate the area to be waxed, as it will avoid having encyst hair later. Avoid using moisturizer before waxing.
- Try not to expose it to the sun. This will prevent spots from appearing on the skin
- Avoid waxing during your period . Especially if you use wax or an electric epilator: you will be more sensitive and the pain will be greater and even unbearable. This is applicable to any type of hair removal.
Types of female epilators
Once entered into the subject of female epilators, it is worth saying that there are several types and that each one has its pros and cons. We see it in detail below:
- Electric epilators: We have been using them for years and technology has evolved to eliminate the pain caused by the first models. Now, using a rotating tweezers system, you will remove hair from the roots without any discomfort and with long-lasting results. There are them of different speeds, sizes and qualities.
- Laser epilators : One of the longest-lasting hair removals with the best results is the one achieved with laser epilators. Through the heat of the laser light, the hair is removed and the hair bulb removed, so that the hair does not grow back.
- Pulsed light epilators: Also known as IPL, they work through pulses of light that reach the root of the hair through melanin. It is a technology similar to laser hair removal, but it is even better. Or so the experts say.
- Wax epilators : It is the most basic of waxing and perhaps the most painful, but the truth is that it is effective and durable. With a wax epilator the process is simpler than with typical wax strips, but in the end it ends up being less hygienic and more cumbersome than an IPL, laser or electric epilator.
Advantages of using an epilator
Hair removal with these machines is fast and effective, since it can take weeks. But not only that, the result is hairless, smooth and even exfoliated skin if your epilator has this option. In addition, waxing with one of these machines has other advantages:
- It does not irritate your skin: Thanks to the massage pads that incorporate hair removal, it is no longer painful and the skin does not suffer any type of irritation, unlike what happens with the horrible pulls of the wax.
- You save money: When you buy an electric epilator you forget about all those evils of buying wax, depilatory creams or paying your neighborhood beautician every two by three. You pay once and amortize it for years.
- You feel good: The process is much more comfortable and faster and with the good results that it leaves, all you have to do is show off your body. And without effort. And that’s great!
- You can take it anywhere: In case you have to take a trip, your epilator is totally portable and if it is wireless you can use it anytime, anywhere.
Factors to take into account to buy it
1. Wired or wireless?
Some epilators are battery powered. This means that, once they are exhausted, you will need to change or recharge them to continue waxing and that, dear friend, is a nuisance. Of course, they are cheaper.
On the other hand, if you want to epilate frequently, it is best to choose a model with cable or a cordless epilator. The former are more powerful and safer, although it is true that waxing is somewhat more uncomfortable with the cable in between and you will not be able to use it if you do not have a plug nearby.
Epilation machines are usually not very large. On the contrary, they have sizes adapted to the palm of the woman’s hand and are ergonomic, although it is true that some models are smaller than others. Check dimensions and take it into account when buying it because the smaller, the more manageable it will be.
The vast majority include light that will allow you to see the hair better, even in a dimly lit room such as the bathroom.
Epilators come with different numbers of tweezers. There are them with a single clamp, with two or with more than 60.
The greater the number of tweezers, the faster and more efficient the epilation will be, but with a minimum of two tweezers you will already get 10 results.
5. Exfoliating brushes
Some of the newer models of epilators include exfoliating brushes to avoid discomfort in the skin. This brush should be replaced frequently for hygiene and proper operation.
6. Speed settings
Most hair removal machines allow you to adjust their speed and each one has a different number of speeds to configure your hair removal in a personalized way. The higher the speed, the more discomfort on the skin, so 3 speeds is more than enough.
7. Water resistance
Buying a hair removal machine that is waterproof is a good choice if you like to wax in the shower or right after you go out without even drying yourself off. With these epilators you can epilate with dry or wet skin thanks to its totally safe waterproof coating.
The accessories that epilators can include can be super complete equipment and perfect for use. In addition, you can have a mini spa in your home with an epilator that shaves, trims, exfoliates or massages in addition to waxing. Some include accessories for facial hair removal, so you won’t leave a single live hair on your body.
Epilators generally cost between € 50 and € 150. Although higher price does not always mean better quality, indeed, more expensive models tend to provide better results and a higher level of customization thanks to their extensive configurations and accessories.
Best brands of female epilators
If in all the products it is convenient to opt for brands that offer confidence, in those that affect our body and our image, this need is even greater. There is nothing worse than an epilator that causes a lot of pain, makes a lot of noise or works erratically. Therefore, choosing one of the best brands of hair removal machines is the key and these are the ones that we have selected:
- Braun epilating machines: This German brand founded in 1921 complies with the stereotypes that are usually applied to companies of that nationality: serious, modern and very efficient. Both its razors for men and epilators for women are among the best sellers in the world. Among these latter stands out, without a doubt, the silk-epil range , which has become the best known on the market.
- Epilating machines Philipis : The epilating machines that he designs are considered the best thanks to their power and design. Nor should we forget the possibility of using them with dry skin and wet skin.
- Rowenta epilating machines : The company was created in Germany in 1884, although it was not known by that name until 2021. It offers a wide variety of products, all focused on the home or personal care. Its epilators are characterized by their great efficiency, offering models of electric and pulsed light hair removal.
- Babyliss epilating machines : One of the bases of its success lies in the continuous research in new technologies to apply to its designs. Its epilators can reduce up to 90% of body hair in 8 sessions thanks to its pulsed light system. They also sell electricity, highly valued by buyers.
Where to buy an epilator?
When you want to search for the best brands and models of epilators, filtering by characteristics and prices, there are completely safe online stores with a wide catalog to choose from. Taking into account the variety, attention and shipments, the best stores where to buy epilators online are these:
- Epilators at Amazon: It is a reliable portal where you can filter and get epilators of almost any brand. Thanks to its detailed product descriptions and buyer reviews, it is the most recommended online store to buy any personal care accessory. And with 24-hour shipping available and free returns!
- Epilators in Carrefour: On their website you will find epilators, but the truth is that the variety of brands and models is scarce.
- Epilators on Media Markt: Another store with availability of epilators on their website. Like Carrefour, it has a smaller variety of models and brands than in the case of Amazon and shipments tend to be slower.
- Epilators in El Corte Inglés: It is indeed a website that has different filters to choose your epilator by model, brand, price or types. The downside is that it has limited products and that the prices are higher.
Frequently asked questions from our readers
They have asked us and we answer:
Is it painful to epilate with an epilator?
Machine removal used to be as painful as waxing, but with the evolution of technology that is now over.
Obviously, at first it is normal to feel some discomfort with the first few passes, but the skin gets used to it and the “pain” disappears. Thanks to the individual extraction of the hair with the multiple tweezers of the epilator working at the same time and with the rollers, whose function is to alleviate the discomfort, you will hardly feel anything.
What’s more, if you’re used to waxing, this will probably feel like a massage to you. You won’t feel any pain!. The key is to choose a good epilator because the higher the quality, the less discomfort you will feel.
Can an epilator be used to depilate pubic hair?
Yes, but be prepared to suffer because to epilate this area with an electric epilator you need a high tolerance to pain and a lot of experience.
Come on, you can do it, but we do not recommend using epilators in genital or very sensitive areas. However, you can use them in the groin area to show off your bikini without worries.
Can they be used daily?
If you see hair, of course. Some hairs grow faster than others and many times it is necessary to review a certain area. With wax this can be harmful because when pulling the hair, upper layers of the skin are also removed, but with the epilator this does not happen.
However, we also tell you that if you epilate correctly, you can forget about your hairs for 2-6 weeks and it will not be necessary to wax every day.
Is it better to wax with dry or wet skin?
It is always better and faster to wax dry. However, it may be more comfortable to wash the hairs and the epilator to do it in the shower.
Either option will give you good results, but make sure your epilator is waterproof if you are going to choose the wet option.
Is hair growth reduced by using an epilator?
It is a very widespread myth, but the truth is that it is not. The epilator removes hair from the root, like wax, but cuts it on the surface, so it takes time for it to grow back from the root instead of continuing to grow when you cut it, as happens with the razor.
Ultimately, hair growth is slower, but it will continue to grow. To avoid this, you can opt for a laser epilator that will reduce hair growth.
Is it harmful to the skin?
Laser or electric epilators are completely safe for the skin. Of course, in sensitive areas such as the face you should take special care not to cause irritation, especially if you have sensitive skin.
many people face challenges while choosing the Best Cheap Epilators from it. So, if you’re one of them we’re going to help you to choose the Best Cheap Epilators from amazon. As we’ve seen people get confused while choosing Best Cheap Epilators because Amazon has a large variety of Best Cheap Epilators. People have different questions while choosing Best Cheap Epilators. But don’t worry! We are here to help you.