What are the best hiking boots on the market?
It’s cool to go hiking in the mountains and enjoy the scenery, but you always end up with your feet “purple” from the cold and rain . Have you ever had a nice souvenir ankle sprain?
Lovers of great mountain tours know that footwear is essential on uneven and wet terrain . Good hiking boots not only protect your feet from the cold and rain, but also protect your ankles from impacts and bad movements.
The problem comes when choosing a brand and model compatible with your feet. We have done the “dirty” work and have compiled the best cheap hiking boots of 2021 in the comparison that follows.
Tips for choosing good hiking boots
Apart from taking into account the physiological characteristics of your feet and your type of footprint, there are a number of important factors when comparing the different trekking boots on the market. Whether for men or women, check out the following:
- Material: since it is a product that we use on uneven terrain and, on many occasions, with extreme weather conditions, you should look for highly resistant and 100% waterproof materials.
- Water resistance: Consider only waterproof models that include Gore-tex (water resistant)
- Sole quality: not only is the quality of the sole materials and the fabric that will surround the foot important, but it is also essential that the internal insole is ergonomic, padded and breathable. You should look for models with very good cushioning and those always include Vibram soles (more grip, cushioning and resistance to abrasion).
- Perspiration : this is essential for walking on damp floors, but especially due to foot sweat, as this factor can lead to blisters and serious skin lesions. The greater the breathability of the shoe, the better.
Hardness and flexibility: these are two essential characteristics that you should look for in any footwear and the best hiking boots on the market should guarantee them. Remember that the more difficult terrain, the more hard you will need in the footwear.
- Weight: the lighter your boots are, the more comfortable and easy to wear during long runs and hikes they will be. Look for models with techlite technology.
- Shank length : If you are going to use them for walks outdoors, with little difficulty, you can buy low shanks that simply protect your feet from the water, and offer the greatest comfort when walking; or some medium or high cane for unstable floors, which guarantee the correct posture of the foot and ankle and protect more effectively from possible blows or falls.
- Place of use : it is not the same to buy a boot to climb steep terrain than to walk through uneven areas, but without steepness. The former should have better grip and be more robust to protect the foot against impacts. In addition, they must incorporate an accessory to adjust climbing crampons. The second ones, the ones used for walking, should be lighter.
How much money should I spend on my hiking boots?
Buying the best footwear on the market is not an easy task and when it is specialized footwear, as in this case, even less so. The good news is that there are models, brands and prices for everyone, although you already know that cheap ends up being expensive. In general, you will find:
- Cheap trekking boots (less than 50 euros) : they are the cheapest models not suitable for people who are going to use this footwear regularly or on difficult terrain. They are usually made of lower quality material, have less damping and incorporate fewer technologies, although you can find a model with good value for money.
- Quality trekking boots (more than 50 euros) : from this price we already start talking about quality. They include the best technologies, such as Gore-tex to guarantee waterproofing or Vibram soles to guarantee resistance, grip and robustness.
What hiking boots to buy? The 5 best hiking boots for their quality and price
These hiking boots are made entirely of leather treated with Gore Tex technology , which ensures that the feet do not get wet, but at the same time they can perspire. In addition, its sole is made of an ultra-resistant material , which offers you maximum grip and stability, while protecting you from impacts.
It comes with a perforated polyester insole , which provides cushioning and is fully breathable. Its velvety finish gives it a modern and very versatile appearance. The support of the laces is very firm , thanks to the hooks that help to maintain the posture of the foot.
It comes from size 40 and you can get them on Amazon at a very affordable price.
2.Hi Tec Storm Warter proof
These hiking shoes are made of leather and fabric lining , with Dri Tec technology , which makes them waterproof and at the same time 100% breathable. So your feet will stay completely dry when you wear them. The insole is also made of breathable fabric that provides cushioning, maintaining the correct foot posture at all times.
These boots provide maximum grip , thanks to their shock-absorbing midsole and their multidirectional traction outsole that provides stability on any type of surface. It comes in three very modern colors for all tastes.
We recommend that you look for them on Amazon, at the best price on the market.
If you prefer a lighter style , these hiking boots are ideal for you. Its deep sole with studs provides high traction on any type of terrain . Its molded, fully padded insole offers a feeling of comfort, very pleasant especially on long walks.
Its design allows the flow of air inside and outside the shoe , which allows to maintain a waterproof and antibacterial effect that prevents bad odors. The upper membrane is fully waterproof , ensuring that your feet will stay dry all the time.
This model comes in several very striking colors, from size 40 to 46. You can get these boots on Amazon, at a very affordable price.
4 . Columbia
If you are looking for truly versatile sneakers, you must buy this product. They serve both in the mountains and in the city. Thanks to their Omni Tech taped seams , they are fully waterproof while allowing the foot to breathe, so you can stay dry all the time.
Its Techlite midsole makes it a very light shoe, but it also provides great grip thanks to its rubber outsole with Omnigrip traction . In addition, its shock absorption and cushioning system make these boots very durable.
It comes in black and brown , which goes with everything, and the best thing is its price. You can get them on Amazon with up to 70% discount.
These mountain boots are perfect for climbing. They are completely waterproof, and their lightweight rubber sole guarantees maximum grip, while offering comfort and comfort to your feet. Its outer shell of synthetic leather and mesh, make it totally breathable but you can also keep your feet warm in cold temperatures.
It comes with a scratch rubber heel that provides stability and cushions very well with each step, so you can use these boots on long walks without mistreating your feet. Its laces are of very good quality, made of fabric that is very soft to the touch, but very strong, which guarantees a firm and secure hold.
Their models come in modern colors and you can easily get them on Amazon, at a gift price.
Buying guide: which hiking boots to buy?
You already know which are the best products on the market and some of the opinions of buyers thanks to our comparison and now we are going to see how to choose them, what to consider when using them and which are the best brands and stores where to buy them.
What are hiking boots?
It is the type of footwear specially manufactured and designed for all those extreme activities that involve mountains and uneven terrain.
They are a very resistant type of footwear that must meet a series of characteristics that guarantee their robustness, impermeability and grip for climbing professionals or for people who go on hiking trails.
How to wear hiking boots?
Using this type of mountain shoe is a super simple task, in addition, to make them safer and complement them, they should almost always be used with the included crampons.
This is how, as below, we show you the process you must go through to put on these two accessories.
- Put on your boot: Generally, most mountain shoes have indentations in the heels, this in order to be able to adapt to crampons. Remember to always tighten the closures well for your greater security.
- Adapt your crampon: Whether automatic or semi-automatic, don’t forget to attach the straps to your shoes and start your sports route on any ice or snow surface.
Types of mountain boots according to the activity to be carried out
Many classifications can be made when talking about this mountain article, but we have established that there are these types that follow:
- Trekking shoes : very similar to common sports shoes, with the difference that they have a sole with greater support and grip. They are light, but be careful not to buy a model without Goretex because then they will not be waterproof.
- Semi-rigid or technical boots : in the mountains it is very easy to trip over stones and edges with sharp points. The products that include this semi-rigid sole will not allow you to end up with your battered sole of the foot due to its tremendous strength, but it will be flexible enough to provide comfort during the trip.
- Hard-soled boots for high mountains : normally, the soles have a hardness that can almost be similar to a ski boot. With these shoes it is not easy to walk, since it is not very flexible, but it is perfect for steep terrain that requires the greatest support and grip. They are usually thermal, waterproof and include accessory to adjust crampons. They are suitable for climbing, but it is much better to buy climbing shoes for these cases.
Taking into account the material we could also talk about leather boots , resistant and durable but not suitable for excessive heat and humidity; suede , less common and not suitable for very humid climates; and the mesh ones , which are usually combined with leather.
How to clean your hiking boots
When it comes to cleaning and maintaining this type of footwear you will need a soft cloth, a brush, soap and conditioner, the latter only in the case of leather boots. The step-by-step technique that you must follow for a correct lining is as follows
- Choose your brush well. If your boot is made of leather you can use a thick brush and you will need to add conditioner to the soap mixture. If they are suede, use baby wipes. And if they are mesh, use a brush with fine, soft bristles.
- Start with the sole. Remove the materials embedded in the drawing with the help of a toothbrush dipped in soap and water, but if we are talking about a lot of mud, it is better to use a special shoe-cleaning brush, with the hardest bristles.
- Follow the top of the boot. Use a dry cloth to remove dust and dirt and, if there is mud, then use a damp cloth previously soaked in soapy water.
Best hiking boot brands
There are countless brands that are dedicated to the manufacture of specialized footwear for hiking, but we are left with the three that have the best models on the market today:
- Salomon: This brand is recognized for being dedicated to the manufacture of all kinds of accessories for outdoor sports. Its wide and varied line of clothing and footwear and its models of hiking boots are characterized by comfortable designs, not too heavy and well armed. Its X-Ultra 3, Evasion 2 Mid, Quest Prime GTX and Speed cross 4 models stand out .
- Chiruca: This Spanish brand is very popular thanks to the use of Gore Tex technology , which guarantees the impermeability of its products and that they are fully breathable, offering comfort and durability. Its catalog is very extensive, with very modern models that adapt to new trends and tastes. The Pointer Gore Tex or the Game Forcve stand out .
- Columbia: from the Redmond V2 to the Peak freak Nomad , they are high quality models specially designed for hiking. They are not high-top boots, which makes them perfect also for flatter roads and terrain.
- Salewa: they manufacture high-quality footwear and that is why their models are among the most expensive on the market. The prodigious Ms Mtn Mid GTX stands out .
- Merrell: we place your footwear in the medium-high range due to its robustness, impermeability and comfort to use. We highlight the Moab 2 Leather Mid GTX or the M-moab Fst Mid A / C Waterproof.
Where can you buy some hiking boots?
Nowadays there are few online stores that give you maximum security and confidence when buying virtually, especially when buying more specific accessories like this. Next, we show you the most appropriate ones that also have a greater variety of brands, models and sizes, as well as the best offers:
- Hiking boots from Amazon: great variety of brands and models at the best price and endless opinions from verified buyers.
- El Corte Inglés hiking boots: a well-known store known to all. Here you will find quality brands and models, although in less variety than in the previous case. Also, prices are usually higher.
- Carrefour hiking boots: here you will find mostly low-end and mid-range, but it is difficult to find a high-end model for regular use.
- Decathlon hiking boots: they have a complete hiking section in which you will find a wide range of low and medium range.
Advantages of wearing trekking shoes, what are their strengths?
Hiking with the right equipment is ideal, and this type of product is no exception, so we invite you to learn about some of its advantages.
What are the advantages of wearing hiking boots? Its advantages are:
- They have greater support for the foot.
- Greater protection against cold and water.
- They have a stiffer sole , suitable in case of paths with sharp rocks.
- Due to its comfort there is greater flexibility, lightness and freedom of movement.
many people face challenges while choosing the Best Cheap Hiking Boots from it. So, if you’re one of them we’re going to help you to choose the Best Cheap Hiking Boots from amazon. As we’ve seen people get confused while choosing Best Cheap Hiking Boots because Amazon has a large variety of Best Cheap Hiking Boots. People have different questions while choosing Best Cheap Hiking Boots. But don’t worry! We are here to help you.