What is the best portable glass ceramic?
A good friend of mine just bought a caravan to travel in the summer, and I was helping him look at options for the kitchen of his vehicle.
Although first we were more interested in a stove, after discovering what Best Cheap Portable Induction Hobs was, we opted for them. In this guide I tell you about the five best portable induction cookers of the year.
Tips for choosing a good portable induction hob
To know which plate you should buy, you must take into account some recommendations , such as the different models and characteristics of each one:
- Dimensions: It is important that you verify the dimensions of your model, considering the available space you have for its use and the place where you decide to store it, so you must select the appropriate size very well.
- Weight: This parameter is also important since, if the product is too heavy, you will probably have problems for its transfer as well as its handling, so you must verify that they are not too heavy.
- Power: For the model to offer rapid heating it must have good power , so you should check this feature as they normally have 2000 W or more of power, so that you can take full advantage of its properties.
- Design: If you want to buy a product that matches your kitchen, it is best that you evaluate its design well, so that you buy the one that best suits your taste and needs .
- Security system: The most modern ones have security systems so that overheating does not occur or the temperature level , residual heat or other functions can be well controlled , so it is recommended that you control the temperature levels, among others. .
- Additional factors : Among which are, the design, the brand and the price.
How much money should I spend on my badge?
The prices of induction hobs are not really very high, but it can change considerably with the functions it has, that is why it is important that you review what are the amounts that are most commonly obtained in the market.
Cheaper kitchens (less than € 50) – The models that you get below this price are possibly powerful and fulfill their function, but they do not have very specialized functions, their resistance may also not be very high. If you need it for frequent use, it is best to look at the best ranking of induction hobs for cooking.
Better quality kitchens (more than € 50) – Above this price you will get the best brands and the most versatile models that include options for functionality, resistance, temperature control, more aesthetic designs, among others. So, if you are demanding, it is best that you decide on the products in this range, as they generally offer you the best top induction hobs for cooking.
Recommended products and opinions
1. GM Full Crystal Portable Induction Hob – Versatility and simplicity
The first portable induction hob on the list has the advantage of having a multitude of preset functions that will make your life easier in the kitchen. Comes configured as standard with specific programs to make soup, coffee, rice or simply keep your food warm.
It is made entirely of high-strength enameled glass , so it will last you a long time if you take proper care of it. In addition, the control is very simple , being able to use its touch panel to choose between the 10 power levels it has.
Despite having a great power (2000 W), it hardly consumes energy , and unlike a portable glass ceramic, you will not have to worry about burns since it does not heat up . Finally, it is a perfect portable size for use in a camping or caravan.
2.Proficook DKI 1067 portable induction hob- The highest power for your kitchen
The next portable hob on the list is characterized as the most powerful of all. With two induction hobs, it reaches a maximum power of 3500 W , well above the average. Still, it allows up to 55% savings compared to conventional induction hobs.
Its handling is very simple thanks to its large LED screen with touch control . It allows to choose between 6 phases and 10 different temperatures , ranging from 60º to 240ºC.
In addition, thanks to its timer of up to 180 minutes , you can put your food on the fire and forget about it until it is ready.
Lastly, this portable induction hob features a magnetic pot and pan detection system . If you try to use a pot that is not compatible with the induction system, or remove the pan once the hob is turned on, it will automatically switch off to avoid accidents .
3. Jata Vin145 portable induction hob – The best value for money
We continue our comparison of portable induction hobs with this one from the Jata brand. It is characterized by the large number of different functions it incorporates: up to 8 pre-programmed functions that will help you in tasks such as stewing, steaming, making broth or sautéing your food.
Its 4-millimeter-thick glass surface has an adjustable induction heating plate, ranging from 120 to 260 millimeters in diameter. Therefore, you can use it with pans and pots of all sizes .
In addition, its internal timer will allow you to program the time in advance.
It features an LED display for reading directions, touch control , and a built-in power switch . Despite its small size, it has a power of 2,100 W , so you can use it to cook all kinds of food quickly and easily. All this at a very reasonable price .
4. Infrared hob TZS First Austria – A beast at the service of the home
The next product on the list differs a bit from the others: instead of being an induction hob, it is a portable ceramic hob. Therefore, the main difference is that it is heated by an infrared resistor system instead of by magnetic induction. This will allow you to use it with all types of pans .
Despite having a great power (2,500 W), it is very efficient , so you will save a lot of energy with it. In just 30 seconds this portable two-burner glass-ceramic can reach a temperature of 300ºC , its maximum being 400ºC . You just have to plug it in and start cooking.
The surface of this portable ceramic hob is completely flat, which makes it very easy to clean . At the same time, it is a crystal of extreme hardness, which makes it a very resistant and durable product .
5. Aigostar Blackfire 30IAV portable induction hob- Greater security at the best price
The last portable induction hob on the list is also one of the best value for money . It is a product specially designed for safety: its surface is made of scratch-resistant micro- crystals , and it has an anti-jam machine to prevent overheating .
This portable hob has a power of 2,000 W , being able to choose between 10 levels to regulate the temperature at which to heat your food. It has several self-protection systems to avoid accidents, such as automatic switch-off at high temperatures and protection for children .
Control is very simple thanks to its LCD screen and touch panel . It is compatible with cookware that is prepared for induction between 15 and 20 centimeters in diameter . All in a portable size, perfect to use anywhere without problems.
Buying guide of the best portable induction cookers of 2021
Still don’t know which portable induction hob to buy? In this part of the guide I explain everything you need to know about them.
How many fires do you need?
Most portable hobs, being designed to be used in small spaces such as caravans or campsites, have only one fire. This is usually more than enough to cover the basic needs of these types of sites, but if you think you need more capacity, there are some hobs that have two burners. However, you should keep in mind that this will make them take up much more space.
Portable plate power
Portable induction hobs have a power that normally ranges from 2000 to 3000 W, although there are some that have much more. In this they differ from glass ceramics, which are usually more powerful, but due to induction technology this lower power is enough to prepare food quickly and efficiently.
How does a portable induction hob work?
Unlike glass-ceramic hobs, which work using an infrared resistance system, induction hobs use magnetic technology that allows food to be prepared without the need for heat. However, it is necessary to use special pots and pans, made of ferromagnetic material, which interact with the plate.
The operation is very simple: when detecting the pan, the plate begins to emit magnetic waves that make the container vibrate. These vibrations are given off in the form of heat, so the food rises in temperature but the plate is always cold. In addition to serving to avoid burns, the cooking process is much faster and energy efficient.
What is a portable induction hob?
It is an electric stove that is responsible for directly heating any container through electromagnetic fields without any loss of heat. Its functions in general are very similar to those of a conventional glass-ceramic.
Characteristics of portable induction hob
Modern induction cookers are manufactured and designed with high technology that facilitate cooking of food, and these are its characteristics:
- They have a boosting function: which serves to increase the power in a specific cooking area.
- Bridge function: This allows you to join two cooking zones, to cook with several pots or with a large container.
- It includes a timer: Where you can adjust the burners individually.
- Child protection lock : And in turn a cleaning function, these are activated by a lock button.
- Detects spills: When liquids overflow on the hob, it automatically disconnects.
- Includes pause function: You can stop the cooking process and start it again whenever you want.
What is the best portable induction on the market?
These appliances are actually a very useful tool at home to cook food quickly, and at the same time for their great energy savings. Each kitchen model can vary based on formats, power and number of burners.
For this reason, it is important to make sure you review the specifications to see if the product is suitable for both space and usage needs.
How to choose the best portable induction cooker?
When choosing the new kitchen, the dilemma of deciding between one and the other arises which one will be better? Will it work? In short, all this will be determined by the following factors:
- Its weight and size: For this reason, it is important to take into account the size of the space where it will be used, if the place is very small so that it does not take up so much space.
- Its power: Some experts consider that this aspect is much more important than the previous one, because you must think about whether you want the hob to be faster, boil the water faster or cook food in moments.
- The specific characteristics: They are all very similar, but they are not the same, so attention should be paid to the characteristics of each one and the most common are, child protection, tray recognition, protection in case of spills, security system advanced, residual heat sensor, control of temperature levels, among others.
- Additional factors: Among which are, the design, the brand and the price.
How much does a portable induction hob consume?
This is one of the aspects that are always kept in mind when buying an appliance, if it is going to generate an increase in the electricity bill. Induction cookers, that electricity consumption is considerably reduced, as they are very efficient in terms of energy compared to glass ceramics.
In this type of kitchen, the consumption savings would be around 20% due to the multiple advantages it offers, and among the main ones are: temperature regulation, immediate heat generation and power control.
Advantages of portable induction hob
As we have mentioned before, this hob offers a number of advantages that undoubtedly make life at home easier and guarantee quality in the expected results:
- The time it takes to cook: This is perhaps one of the main advantages, which is much faster when cooking, as it concentrates all its heat in the container.
- Energy consumption: They consume approximately between 30 and 40% less energy than a conventional electric stove, precisely because there are no heat leaks.
- Cleaning: In the case of this hob, it can be cleaned immediately after cooking is finished, as it does not heat up as in the case of the glass-ceramic.
- They provide comfort: In addition to incorporating a temperature control, it also has a timer that works through touch buttons. Also, being portable, it allows them to be moved to any part of the house whenever you want.
- They are safer: This is possible because the heat they emit is only through contact with the pot or container that is being heated, therefore, there is no risk of burning.
Reasons to cook on a portable induction cooker
When you make the determination to completely change your habits or the way you cook, you should think about what is the best option for that. With an induction cooker, the daily routine of cooking food becomes much easier and faster. In addition, as we mentioned before, it boasts a very considerable saving in the costs of the electricity bill.
What are the factors that cause the deterioration of induction hobs?
The induction cooker is an element that is used daily and several times a day, this in combination with improper use, can cause deterioration in the glass, such as loss of brightness or the presence of scratches that damage aesthetics. Other unavoidable factors that are damaging and causing negative consequences in the induction cooker are the following:
- When cooked at high temperatures.
- Use of cleaning products that are not suitable.
- Food spillage.
- Splashes of oil or boiling water.
How to clean a portable induction hob?
To avoid the deterioration that we have mentioned before and the plate can be maintained, thus giving it a greater amplitude to its useful life, it would be good to follow these steps to clean it:
- Turn off the hob: And also, make sure it is completely cold, as it should not indicate that any of its areas is still hot.
- Apply a cleaning product: Once the kitchen has cooled down, apply a product that is suitable for it. Some of these products are allowed to act for a few minutes before removing it.
- Rinse with water: With the help of a damp cloth or, failing that, with a clean, dry cloth.
Homemade products for cleaning the portable induction hob
On the market there are infinities of special cleaning products for this type of kitchen, but what is true is that at home there are some ingredients that can be used to replace them:
Lemon: With just a few drops of this fruit on top of the dirt or stains that are on the cooking glass. Due to the acidity of the lemon, the stains will be easily removed.
Vinegar: It is another product that when used in a hot temperature state, can be very effective. It should only be left to rest for a few minutes and after that time, remove it with a moistened cloth
Problems with the portable induction cooker?
What can be done if the kitchen begins to have faults or inconveniences? This may be possible at some point, and that is why the necessary precautions must be taken to prevent it from happening to adults:
- The plate does not detect the pot: This can happen because the sensors that are in charge of heating the container are not working well, in that case, it is best to call the technician.
- The light indicator flashes: Another of the most frequent failures that are due to a bad use of the plate. In general, use containers that do not meet the required standards, that do not have the specific diameter that these cookers need. On the other hand, the materials with which they are made influence. Ferromagnetic material is the most indicated for its correct operation.
- The temperature is not kept high and it is lowered slowly: These plates contain sensors that can detect when there is an excess of temperature, and for this reason, they reduce it automatically. Sometimes, it can be motivated that the power has been reduced, because the circuits have been overheated too much, this can be a consequence of a bad installation.
- Glass can be broken: After a heavy or sharp object has been dropped on it. When there is a crack, no matter how small, it is best to stop cooking, since if any liquid or food manages to penetrate that crack, it could seriously damage the internal mechanism.
Best brands of induction hob for cooking
If you are looking for information about the best brands, look no further, here are the best by far:
- Aigostar – This is an internationally recognized brand that is distributed especially in Europe, as its products have stood out thanks to their modern and safe designs for users. The best of all is that each item to be able to go on sale must go through a series of safety and quality tests, thus guaranteeing its effectiveness and that you can have the most recommended models.
- Cecotec – It is a brand that since 1995 has been positioning itself in the ranking of the best-sellers in Europe, thanks to the fact that it has specialized in manufacturing electrical appliances and home products with modern designs that adapt to the needs of users. They are constantly innovating and that is why users have left excellent opinions about their products.
- Clatronic – This German company has been in charge of manufacturing small and medium-sized electrical appliances, maintaining a good quality / price ratio so that all its lines are affordable. Their products are also marketed under the Bomann seal and can be found in many stores and give you the possibility of offering you the best quality / price product on the market.
Where can you buy an induction hob for cooking?
If you want to take advantage of the offers on this type of product, it is best to look in detail at the online sales platforms that are most used today, that is why we mention the possibilities of buying the most recommended ones if you are not clear about where to buy your product.
- Amazon Badge – In this platform you will get all the brands that we have mentioned and more, there are varied price ranges and that is why you can choose the one that suits you best, in addition to all its shipping and payment options that undoubtedly the they make the best choice.
- El Corte Ingles kitchen plate – In this store you may get extreme prices since they have high or low range plates, however, sometimes you get good deals so be sure to check their catalogs.
- Carrefour induction hob – In this store you will also get hobs and cookers from various brands but from all ranges, that is why it is a good option to carry out your search with detail and patience.
- Leroy Merlin kitchen plate – In this place you will also get different designs for this type of plates and offers that could suit you, so it is not a bad idea to take a look at their promotions.
Advantages of using an induction cooktop, what are its strengths?
The greatest advantage that this type of plate offers you is that you can use them anywhere, so don’t forget to buy the best on the market and make the most of all the benefits they offer you.
What are the advantages of using a plate? Its advantages are:
- You save time since its cooking speed is fast.
- You can take it anywhere.
- They consume little energy .
- It is easy to clean.
- They are comfortable to use and can be easily controlled.
- Any type of cook can use them .
many people face challenges while choosing the Best cheap hair straighteners from it. So, if you’re one of them we’re going to help you to choose the Best cheap hair straighteners from amazon. As we’ve seen people get confused while choosing Best cheap hair straighteners because Amazon has a large variety of Best cheap hair straighteners. People have different questions while choosing Best cheap hair straighteners. But don’t worry! We are here to help you.