The alarm goes off, you snuggle up and when you wake up, you’re already late. You run in the shower and walk out the door with your hair soaked. And the thing is not there: the “best” is when the hair dries naturally. OMG!
Time is of the essence, especially in the morning. With the Best Straightening Brushes you combine two tasks in one (drying and styling) and you also get a smooth, silky and shiny mane with more volume for longer. Hence its success, of course.
Issue? Choose from so many brands, models and technologies .
To help you, we have analyzed the market and below we present our comparison of the best cheap hair straightening brushes of 2021 , as well as a buying guide with tips that you will find just below the product analysis.
Tips for choosing a good straightening brush
When selecting the model that best suits you, it is important to take into account a series of outstanding factors that we suggest below:
- Control system. These are different options for customizing temperature, on, off and a security lock function.
- Maximum temperature. If you have very curly hair, you should look for models that have a temperature of at least 230ºC .
- Size and weight. This is essential for its good handling. I recommend that you always look for a light brush , as that will make the task more pleasant and will prevent your arm from getting tired quickly. About the size, I think it is more open to your preference.
Use with damp hair. Most manufacturers recommend having your hair clean and dry before using an electric straightening comb. Using them on wet hair can reduce their effectiveness at straightening and influence the number of passes you must take to dry and straighten properly.
How much should I spend on my hair straightening brush?
Given the large number of models available on the market, you can find products of very varied prices. But we are not going to fool ourselves: the higher the price, the higher the quality. Or, at least, more power or better features. In general, you can buy:
- Cheap straightening brushes (less than 25 euros). Some even include an anti-frizz feature, but the power is minimal and that makes the straightening of worse quality and takes too long to get good results.
- Professional straightening brushes (more than 25 euros) . From this price you can already find quality products with great power, lightness and ergonomic designs with good finishes. In short, more resistant products with a longer useful life.
What straightening brush to buy? Recommended products
1. Brush AsaVea – Practicality, safety and efficiency
Let’s start this list with the AsaVea brush , which combines practicality, safety and efficiency.
The aforementioned temperature control system is one of the characteristics of this model. What does it mean? Well, its LCD screen shows the temperature level, allows you to control it and, in addition, it has a temperature locking system by pressing another button —on / off—.
There are people who are always in a hurry. Every day is a race against time, which seems to always be ahead of us. When you live like this, you don’t want to wait. Every minute becomes eternal and you feel like you could be doing something else.
I mention the above because one of those endless waits is when the straightener brush doesn’t heat up fast. This model reaches its ideal temperature level in a maximum of two minutes . Something that people in a hurry, like and, perhaps, like you, appreciate very much.
The ceramic heaters used by this brush achieve not only that it reaches its optimal temperature in a couple of minutes but also that your hair is protected from damage, that it gains shine and looks healthy.
A device as useful as this one, surely you want to take it to the gym, your friend’s house, the office or your next trip. Well, its shape and compact design make it convenient to transport. The best thing to do is to use the comfortable travel case that is included when buying this model.
Last but not least — in fact, it may be most important — safety . Asa Vea has considered that taking care of the safety of its customers is essential. For this reason, this brush uses plastic material designed to protect its users from mishaps due to excess temperature. Read more…
With its temperature control system and rapid heating – thanks to ceramic heaters – this electric straightening comb is perfect to always carry with you in its travel case. Good option if you want something effective and portable.
2. Hairby MS-767 P – Large brushed for a small fee
We continue the review of the best electric straightening brushes and now we will talk about the Hairby MS-767 P brush , which has an excellent value for money, perhaps the best in this entire list.
Don’t fall into the mistake of believing that because of its good price, this electric straightening comb is made from cheap and substandard materials. On the contrary: its materials are of high quality and are designed to work well at high temperatures. It has a smooth and varnished surface on the outside, to avoid burns or other inconveniences. While its teeth are ceramic that distributes heat and protects your hair.
The above, not to mention its design, which gives the possibility of using the brush only as a head massager . In addition to preventing your hair and scalp from directly touching the area of highest temperature, protecting them.
Hairby it also endowed with an s ystem temperature control with six levels , and LCD screen to watch them . So you can have heat management and apply it as appropriate to each type of hair. Remember, low temperatures for thin hair and high for thicker hair.
I also mentioned at the beginning that humidity is not recommended when using these styling combs. Well, this case is exceptional. Its anion hair care function forms a water molecule that moistens the hair in order to repair it.
Finally, mention its ergonomic handle, swivel cord and automatic shutdown function after 20 minutes of inactivity. They are qualities that make it manageable and secure. Read more ….
Perhaps what you are looking for is a hair straightener brush with good value for money. If so, this is your option, since its good materials, care functions and ease of use, make it an interesting brush at an affordable price.
3. Brush Anion – Ions give shine and silkiness to your hair
We follow the list, now it is the turn of the Anion brush , which is distinguished by using ionic technology, as well as being versatile, safe and powerful.
Its ion generator uses a technology that is widely used in other hair appliances. It basically works by releasing ions that neutralize static and fight frizz by sealing the hair cuticle. The result is silky, smooth, shiny and healthy-looking hair.
The smart design of this electric straightening comb provides fast and efficient brushing. The high density focused on curly hair makes the fight against “frizz” more effective; This same feature also serves to massage the scalp . Your hair follicles and, in general, the health of your hair, will thank you.
Temperature control system with five heat levels and lock function . This is becoming more and more basic in hair straightening combs. Each level works for every variety of hair, be it thin, fine, wavy, curly or even colored. Its heat range is from 150 ℃ to 230 ℃.
If there are small children, cats or dogs in the house, you will appreciate the automatic shut-off function . Because it has happened to all of us on occasion that we forget to disconnect our iron or brush. Well, thanks to this function, detecting a period of inactivity, this brush will stop warming. Read more …
The ions are perfect so that your hair does not get damaged when you apply heat. If you want smooth, silky, shiny and well-brushed hair, this brush — which incorporates temperature control and automatic shut-off — is an excellent option.
4. Uspicy Brush – The best selling straightener
It is the turn of the fourth in this list, the Uspicy brush , which is the best-selling straightening accessory on the market. Thousands of people from different countries have preferred it over many other options. There must be a reason.
First, it should be mentioned that it is covered with ceramic , which distributes heat and protects your hair, while releasing negative ions . These ions work against frizz and static electricity. Your hair will gain in softness, silkiness and shine.
It also highlights its temperature control system , which has seven different levels to adapt to the type of hair you will brush. Thanks to the LED screen you can observe the heat level you select and vary it. It also has a temperature blocker to avoid that annoying situation in which, by mistake, the user changes the desired temperature while brushing their hair.
On the security issue, Uspicy has taken an interesting measure. This straightener brush uses heat insulation tips . So the heat is only where it needs to be and prevents burns during brushing. Read more…
People are rarely wrong and this model is the best seller. Its characteristics help to understand why: ceramic coating, ionic technology, LED display, temperature control system with seven levels and thermal insulation tips seem sufficient reasons to affirm that this electric straightening comb is an excellent option.
5. Asavea heat straightening brush – Quick and convenient straightening
I decided to close the listing with the Asavea brush to straighten with heat . This is how it has been circular: it begins and ends with straightener brushes from the same brand. Although they have similarities to each other, they also keep their differences. Let’s now talk about this specific model.
Rapid heating . This is the first and most obvious function of this electric straightening comb. It does not take two minutes – like another in this list – but just one and it has already reached a working temperature. This is due to the more than 20 ceramic heating pieces . This material also keeps the heat level at a constant level, optimal for styling the hair smoothly.
Another factor that makes this brush practical and quick to use is that its design allows a good amount of hair to pass through it at a time. And without sacrificing results. This will make you finish faster. What a taste! So you can dedicate your time to another activity more to your liking. Maybe go show off your hairstyle as soon as possible.
The easier something to use, the better the handling and the faster the domain. So this electric straightening brush, which has a rotating cable so that you do not worry about accommodating the cable but only to get the best straightening. It will give you the freedom to rotate it or place it in the position and angle that you consider best according to the needs of the situation and your hairstyle.
Its temperature control system , accompanied by a liquid crystal display , are the best allies to be aware of and manage the temperature level. You can adjust it according to your hair type. Likewise, the temperature must also take into account the type of straightening you want to obtain. The higher the heat, the higher the definition.
Safety, as we saw before, is relevant to this brand. Its materials are certified plastic of the highest quality , ensuring your safety. Read more…
Due to its combined characteristics, this electric straightening comb is, in short, practical and fast. Temperature control system, rapid heating, practical design and premium materials make it attractive for purchase.
Buying guide: which hair straightening brushes to buy?
Now that you know which are the best products on the market, it seems a good time to expand information to choose the one that best suits your needs, tastes and routines . Below you will find all the information you need to buy a good straightening brush for your hair type.
What is a straightening brush and what is it for?
It is a useful combination of a conventional brush and a flat iron. It is used to remove frizz and static electricity from your hair, while adding shine, volume and straightening it – although to a lesser extent than an iron.
Advantages of straightening brushes
They have become the best substitutes for hair straighteners because they save time, as they include the function of drying. But there are more advantages of using this product:
- It is portable: the vast majority if not all, you can carry it in your bag or in the glove compartment of your car.
- It’s fast: the heat it gives off is powerful and hot enough to straighten hair in just a few strokes.
- Ease of use: You just have to select the temperature and brush the hair. He has no more.
- It does not damage your hair: as long as you follow the manufacturer’s recommendations regarding temperature.
- It gives volume : unlike the irons, the brush separates the hair and ends up giving a feeling of more hair.
How to use a straightening brush
The operation is very simple and you do not need to have knowledge of hairdressing or the like.
- Turn on the appliance by pressing the power button.
- Select the right temperature for your hair. More frizzy manes or very marked curls will need a higher temperature for the straightening to be efficient.
- Brush the hair strand by strand until it is as smooth as you like. In general, 3 or 4 passes is sufficient.
- You can go over the tips with an iron quickly, a maximum of a couple of passes, and thus perfect the straightening work in that most difficult area. It will be perfect!
Tips to straighten your hair
- Adjust the temperature: As I mentioned before, each type of hair requires a specific temperature. If your hair is very fine, it is not worth applying more than 200 degrees Celsius to it. Maybe 180 will do. On the other hand, if it is thick, it will require a high temperature.
- Wet only if the manufacturer suggests it: even if it does not specify it, by default you should have your hair clean and dry before straightening it. Only in exceptional cases where humidity is part of the straightening process contemplated by the manufacturer, should you resort to water.
- Choose ionizer straighteners: it is more and more common, so following this advice should not be complicated. Ions are a great help in reducing frizz.
How does an electric straightening brush work?
The technology used by these brushes is very similar to hair straighteners, only here we include brush tines that add the function of straight styling with blow drying.
- It combines the heat and materials of straightening irons — mainly ceramic — with the shape, structure and principles of a brush — bristles, handle.
- Together, they offer hair a treatment that will straighten it and remove static electricity.
- Follow the principle of changing hair structure by applying heat.
- If it also has an ionizer function, it means that it incorporates negative ion technology to reduce frizz and static electricity in your hair. The result is a radiant and silky mane.
Types of straightening brushes
They are thermal and steam, but there are countless technologies and functionalities that can be incorporated and, based on that, we can make a very broad classification with all the types that currently exist:
- Straightening brushes for afro hair: stands out for having among its characteristics a high maximum temperature for straightening.
- Professional straightening brushes: they are manufactured with the best materials that guarantee their high quality, safety and durability. They are more expensive, but the straightening is done in less time and with better results.
- Battery Powered Straightening Brushes: These brushes come cordless and are super handy to carry in your purse, but they’re good for brushing up only because their power is lower than those powered by electricity.
- Straightening brushes for short hair: valid for men and women. They should be small and with a rectangular head so that the roots of the hair are more accessible.
- Beard straightening brushes : you can buy them specially designed for this body area. They are usually small and rectangular, like the previous ones.
- Rotating roller straightening brushes : the rollability of the roller facilitates manual work and is also suitable for shaping.
- Straightening brushes for pets : These are usually corded and have a high power. Look at the cable length and look for antistatic models with flexible prongs.
Maintenance and cleaning of the straightening brush
Any device that has contact with electricity and hair must be cleaned thoroughly so that the resistors do not end up annoying. In the case of this product, you will have to clean several parts in its maintenance:
- If it has a removable pad it is easier to clean. You just have to remove it and wash it to remove the small hairs that stick together as a result of static electricity.
- After using it, and once it is cold, disassemble and place soap with hot water in a container. Dip the pad or brush and leave it in for about 15 minutes. Afterwards, rinse and clean very well with your hand or a comb until it is completely clean and free of hair.
- The handles also have to be cleaned because we touch them with our hands and we sweat during the straightening, so they are exposed to multiple germs. With a cloth smeared with alcohol, disinfect it from time to time.
- If you have a wooden brush you can use the toothbrush for a better and easier cleaning.
IMPORTANT: Make sure all items and parts of the brush that you washed are completely dry before reassembling and plugging in.
What are the best straightening brush brands
Next, I want to tell you about what I consider to be the best straightening brush brands on the market. For this I base myself on some criteria to take into account that I will detail below.
- Babyliss straightening brushes: air shaper, rotary air, straightening comb with soft tines … The brand manufactures countless models of this product with different technologies, highlighting its Babyliss HSB100E , one of the best sellers on Amazon.
- Remington straightening brushes: they stand out above all for the practicality of their design and the good value for money . Its best-selling model on Amazon is the Remington CB7400.
- Asavea straightening brushes: it was a brand that in its day revolutionized the market with the design of a straightening comb that incorporated several functions at a more than interesting price.
Where to buy thermal straightening brushes
There are countless stores specialized in beauty devices and large hypermarkets where you can buy the models of the best brands. We recommend Amazon for its wide variety, but there are others:
- Amazon. It is the one with a broader catalog of well-known brands with professional models and less-known brands with products with very good value for money.
- The English Court. You can buy the latest models from the big brands, but it doesn’t have as much variety as Amazon and its prices tend to be higher.
- Media markt. They have only two models of heat brushes; one from Rowenta and one from Babyliss. Shipping is slower and its price is higher than on Amazon.
- Lidl. It is a food store, but it sells some products from the household appliances category in its online store. They only have the Philips model that they speak highly of, but which cannot be used with wet hair.
- Carrefour . There is a wide variety of models here, even from lesser known brands. However, the prices are higher than some of the above.
Hair straightening and curling brushes
The straightening brushes can be used perfectly with hair curlers, everything will depend on the finish you want to give your hair (or beard).
There are straightening / waving brushes on the market that have the same effect of both applications: give you a good appearance.
The straightening brush and wet hair
Not all models serve for use with wet hair and leave it clear in ‘ t IPOS straighteners brushes “lines up. You will have to make sure that the model you buy includes this functionality so useful for the morning rush.
It is important to always keep a part of the moisture in the hair because that way brushes work better. Even so, you must consider the manufacturer’s instructions that you can consult in the use and maintenance guide.
My straightening brush won’t turn on, what do I do?
It does not usually happen, but if it happens it must be a factory error or damage to the electronic card, either due to a bad movement or a sudden fall.
Before determining what you are going to do with the brush, take it to a specialized technician to check it and take a good look while doing it and discard if it is a factory error so that they can make your respective return, or that they give you another if it is in the warranty.
If you have bought it with Amazon, you will not have any problem.
Can hair be straightened without using a straightening brush?
Yes, the most natural way to do it is with the “toga” method, which is done by following these steps:
- Wash your hair, since the toga is made with wet hair.
- Detangle your hair with a wide-toothed wooden comb and place a curler on top of your head.
- Take a strand and one by one you will start to turn it around the head, from right to left while you brush it.
- When you have finished, you will remove the curler and you will twist the lock all over the head as you did with the rest of the hair, as if it were a turban and you will hold it with tweezers, with a net or cap.
- When the hours pass (3 or 4 hours) and it is almost dry you can repeat the toga in the opposite direction.
- Keep it until the hair is completely dry, unwrap your hair and that’s it. A lot of hours and worse results than with an iron or straightening brush.
Does the straightening brush burn hair?
If it happens to you, it is because you exceeded the indicated temperature or because there was a technical problem with the product because it is not normal.
Check if you have followed the manufacturer’s instructions on maximum straightening temperature and, if it was not your cult, consult with him for a possible exchange or return.
Other accessories for your hair
We have already seen that the dryer straightener brush is the best to show off a radiant straight hair, but there are other accessories that you can use to get the best hairstyles, and they are these:
- Hair dryers: To achieve hairstyles with more durable finishes using the hair straightener, it is very convenient to pre-dry the hair with a good quality dryer, which dries each strand very well and gives it more volume. In this way the ironing process will be faster and with less risk of mistreating the hair. >> Take a look at our guide to the Best Hair Dryers
- Hair curlers: as you have seen, not all irons are designed to achieve defined curls, therefore, having a hair curler can be a good option to complement the iron and be able to vary the hairstyle without much complication. >> Take a look at our guide on the Best Hair Curlers
- Hot air brushes: If you want to save space in your house and you don’t want to have the brush on one side and the dryer on the other, you can opt for a hot air brush, which will comb and dry your hair at the same time. A luxury! >> Check out our guide to the Best Hot Air Brushes
- Hair straighteners : Wearing a perfect hairstyle is just a matter of getting to it, look straight and shiny or wavy and striking hair without having to visit a hairdresser all the time, save money and time with a hair straightener. >> Take a look at our guide to the Best Hair Straighteners
many people face challenges while choosing the Best Cheap Straightening Brushes from it. So, if you’re one of them we’re going to help you to choose the Best Cheap Straightening Brushes from amazon. As we’ve seen people get confused while choosing Best Cheap Straightening Brushes because Amazon has a large variety of Best Cheap Straightening Brushes. People have different questions while choosing Best Cheap Straightening Brushes. But don’t worry! We are here to help you.